Move over store-bought energy bars – homemade energy balls are taking over!
Seriously guys, these take like 5 minutes to make and are sooooo delicious! They are sweet, but not too sweet. They are crunchy but also soft. They are bite-size but big enough to give you the energy boost that you need. They are sweet but at the same time super healthy. You know what I’m trying to tell you here? :) Not to mention that they are a great snack for after your workout. They contain only natural sugars (hello delicious dates) and protein. So go and make them before the new week kicks off! :)
- 150g fresh Medjool dates (pits removed)
- 50g goji berries
- 150g mixed raw nuts (e.g. almonds, cashew nuts, hazelnuts)
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 3 tbs raw cacao powder
- 4 tbs desiccated coconut
- Cut the dates in quarters.
- Place everything together in a food processor and mix well. Make sure the nuts are not cut too fine. It is nice if the balls have a little bit of texture to them.
- Using your hands roll the date & nut mixture into ca. 2cm size balls.
- Roll the balls in desiccated coconut and place them on a large plate.
- Once finished, cover all the balls with cling film and place them in the fridge for about an hour. Enjoy!
- Once placed in a closed food container, the energy balls will keep in your fridge up to a week.
- Yields: ca. 18 energy balls.