If you have never tried a sweet version of a risotto you don’t know what you’re missing! :)
This is an amazingly quick dish that not only tastes like Christmas but also smells like it! You can of course be creative here and instead of orange chocolate use any kind of dark / white chocolate you want…top it with any fruit or even nuts you wish. It is a quick and delicious dessert that I’m sure you will make more than once :)
- 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 2 cups milk (you can use nut or rice milk)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey (optional as the chocolate gives it quite a lot of sweetness already)
- Pinch of salt
- 100g dark orange chocolate (I used Lindt chocolate) + extra for top
- Flesh of half an orange to arrange on top + fresh mint leaves (optional)
- In a pot combine rice, milk, maple syrup and salt. Bring to boil, stirring all the time.
- Once the mixture comes to boil, lower heat and cook for about 15 minutes (stirring all the time).
- You will notice that the rice is ready once it softens and absorbs most of the milk.
- Break chocolate into small pieces, add to rice and stir gently until all the chocolate melts in the hot rice.
- Divide into two bowls and set aside.
- Cut out the flesh of half an orange and decorate the chocolate risotto. Top with a few leaves of fresh mint and enjoy!