Chocolate for breakfast that is good for you? Sign me up please! :)
This is a slightly updated version of my favourite coconut & cranberry granola recipe. It’s just as quick and easy to make! You can store it in a glass jar and enjoy it with some Greek or coconut yoghurt, squidge of honey….all topped with blueberries, banana or any other fruit of your liking. Mmmmm…I can’t wait until it’s breakfast time already! :) Enjoy!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup mix seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, flax)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shaved coconut
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet.
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients (except cacao powder) and mix together. Coconut flakes will be added at a later stage.
- In a smaller bowl stir together wet ingredients together with cacao powder and pour them over the dry ingredients. Mix everything together with a wooden spoon making sure the dry ingredients are evenly coated.
- Spread granola mixture onto prepared baking tray and bake for about 25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to ensure granola bakes evenly.
- After 20 minutes add the coconut flakes* and finish baking for another 5 minutes.
- Remove baking tray from the oven and let it cool** (granola hardens as it cools).
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container (e.g. a glass jar) and enjoy!
- * coconut flakes are very delicate so they will burn if you add them at the beginning.
- ** you can also press the granola mixture down a bit right when it gets out of the oven so you get bigger chunks of granola once it cools (depends what you prefer).